The Southwest Regional Chapter boasts a membership of approximately 1,300 professionals and students. Numerous services are provided by the SWACSM chapter to the region and its members.
- Membership Benefits and Services
- Annual 2-day professional meeting on scientific, clinical, and practical aspects of exercise science and sportsmedicine
- Biannual newsletter
- Opportunity to submit an abstract for professional presentation at annual meeting
- Career Services and Student Breakfast offered for all students who attend the annual meeting
- Access regional information on internship and graduate programs
- Clinical Health Promotion regional network for students and professionals
- Student Research Awards given based upon peer-reviewed evaluation of a manuscript and slide presentation at SWACSM annual meeting
Professional Member- $35
A professional Member possesses an earned degree in a field related to sports medicine or exercise science, or to those with a degree working in a field related to sports medicine or exercise science.
Student Member - $15
Applies to undergraduate (full load) and graduate students (at least half load) in a field related to sports medicine or exercise science.