Abstract Submission Information
All members and those joining the Southwest Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine (SWACSM) are invited to submit abstracts of studies for presentation.
Electronic submissions are required and must be received by:
- Expanded Abstracts for Student Research Award due 5:00 pm, PDT on September 15, 2017. The student research award will be broken into 2 categories this fall: graduate &
- General abstract submissions due 5:00pm, PDT on September 29, 2017.
Abstracts received after this date will not be reviewed. Please follow the instructions below which will assist you in submitting your abstract electronically.
Please note that there will be two poster sessions this year: one Friday evening (along with a social) and one Saturday morning (along with a breakfast). Upon acceptance of your abstract submission, you will be randomly assigned to a session.
- Abstract Submission Instructions 2017
- 2017 Abstract Submission Form
- Email Completed 2017 Abstract Form to Dr. Trevor Gillum at email@example.com
Student Research Award
1) If you are submitting your abstract for the Student Award competition, you must indicate this on the abstract form AND you must submit an expanded abstract. The expanded abstract is limited to 5 pages (not counting references) and must be double spaced. The expanded abstract should provide the study's background, purpose, design/methods, results (including tables and figures), discussion and conclusion.
2) For the Student Award competition, be sure to include the name of your advisor and his/her email address on the electronic form. An email message may be sent to your advisor verifying your student status.
3) All work reported in the abstract must have been conducted while you were a registered student at an institution in the Southwest Region.
4) All questions regarding the abstracts and the Student Award competition should be directed to: Trevor Gillum, PhD.